Sunday, November 16, 2014

In between, the past




In order to change and grow, one of the most important things is to be honest with yourself. That's part of the reason I blog. I can write my feelings down for all to see. It keeps me not only honest with myself, but gives me a sounding board.  I'm not ashamed or afraid to share my feelings and I welcome constructive criticism. 

As I was talking with a respected professional, this was her advice: "Time to stop visiting the past, only visit the past for the purpose of evaluation and information gathering - e.g., what worked, what didn't and that's about it. Only focus on today and moving forward."She's absolutely right. Time to stop living in the past.  This is who I am today. No more looking back.

Life happens. Life ebbs and flows. I am no longer in the same place as I used to be. In most instances that's a good thing, but when it comes to my weight, not so good. I've put on some of the 170 pounds I had lost. I'm upset with myself. Disappointed.  Today, I'm somewhere in between my heaviest weight of 388 pounds and my lowest  of 218 pounds. So where I am today is what I must embrace. I can't keep holding on to what used to be. Yesterday is gone. It's time to use the past to make tomorrow better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Obesity Epidemic is REAL!

The evidence of an epidemic is everywhere.

· Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are
overweight or obese.

· Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar
medical burden every year.

· Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years


Source: CBS News